Friday 27 September 2013

Into Town

Sunday was quite a nice day here in Glasgow. It was between 15 and 20 degrees and the sun was shining from time to time. I decided to walk into town and explore some more. The walk from my flat to the center of town takes about 30 minutes, and it was a pleasant walk in the nice weather.

Have some pictures!

This street is called the Royal Crescent. I can see why.
The Royal Crescent from another angle.
The Charing Cross intersection
More Charing Cross

A nightclub. I like that the numberplate says "let us in"
Glasgow City Chambers. It is beside George Square which is currently closed for renovations.
A pretty building right beside the Trades Hall.
Pretty, white church

Right beside the big, modern shopping mall that is St. Enoch, Caffe Nero has set up shop in this pretty thing.
I tried some tea and cake 
I had a quick look inside the central train station, which is covered by a big glass dome. 
I cannot help but to think of Daleks when I see that shower sign.

On monday I recieved a package my kind mom and dad sent me. It contained my winter jacket and shoes, which took up to much space in my luggage as I was traveling here. It also contained scarves, gloves and a hat that I had forgotten to pack. And of course there was some chocolate, candy and CHEESE!
I was able to eat biscuits with one of my favourite cheeses

Thank you mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment